Monday, October 27, 2014

who really runs the world?

http://www.mcbeestrategic.com/social-media-in-2013-the-influence-and-impact-of-the-individual-on-digital-communications/

SOCIAL MEDIA IN 2013: THE INFLUENCE AND IMPACT OF THE INDIVIDUAL ON DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONs

Can I start by saying, wow! What staggering numbers this article unveiled; 650,000 Facebook shares, 100,000 tweets, and 48 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every second! What are people doing with their lives? I will admit that I do have four forms of social networking including facebook, instagram, twitter, and pinterest. I will also admit that I waste very little time on them. As I get older I am learning the importance of real life connections and relationships. I have grown to despise the fact that in most everyday situations we can't have a conversation with someone without a phone being in their hand and constantly buzzing and making noises. While I do have such a negative opinion of social media I do still believe that it can be such a powerful tool when used in a correct manner; that's the tricky part, the mannerly thing. We have grown to be a society that is out to get our own and do what benefits us even if that means cutting down others and sadly we are seeing that on so many different social medias. But imagine if we used social sites and social  medias for positive things, to build others up, and to encourage each other. We could change the world (literally)! As this article states, "A single individual’s opinion can potentially influence thousands of people." It is our job to choose whether social media and social sites continue to be looked down upon or looked at as a powerful tool used to do good in the world. It is my personal vote that we put down our phones, look up, and enjoy all the beauty and abundance of life surrounding us, take hold of that and live a stupendous life!
notice the little dots on the horizon, yea those are my friends and I totally unplugged from the world and just loving life, the sunset, and each other

No comments:

Post a Comment