Monday, October 27, 2014

Where am I and what the heck am I giggling about?

Where am I and what the heck am I giggling about? My name is Kennedy Reeves, I am a sophomore at Henderson State University in Arkansas studying early childhood development. I grew up in the small, "backwoods" town of Mena, Arkansas with my family of five; my parents, an older sister and a younger brother. As a kid I enjoyed doing just about anything outdoors, I climbed trees like it was going out of style, I built forts like it was my job, and played any kind of sport like it was my desire to be a professional athlete one day. But then life got a little bit faster paced and this awful thing called school started. I'm going to be upfront with my utter hatred that I had (and still have) for school. I have never once in my life woke up and gotten excited that I get to go sit in a desk and be forced to learn, or as we college students say "memorize", information that I most likely will never use again. So now you're probably questioning why I want to be a teacher; well the answer is simple...sort of. I get to be with kids day in and day out, all day long and that makes my heart happy. I have always had a great love for kids and a desire to work with them to ensure that they achieve all that they want to achieve. So here I am at Henderson, which I chose for its' outstanding education program, just trying to laugh my way through each day, hence this blog. I am a generally positive person; I try to find the positive in all situations no matter how bad so I tend to laugh...alot. I don't let things bother me too much and that's my secret. Never let life get you down because while today may be awful, you still have tomorrow to look forward to. So I hope that my posts about my daily life as a goofy, fun loving college student and all my awkward and not so awkward encounters can bring a giggle or two to your day.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog! The part you mentioned about college really made me laugh or "giggle." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me giggle because I can hear you giggling!! Your laugh brings joy to my life. I love you can't wait to read more about you

    ReplyDelete